Monday 21 July 2014

[Make-Up REVIEW] MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream (Shade no.23)

Hi there again!
LOL I thought it'll be a long time until I post something new, but apparently a few of my friends asked me for another review. My friend Dinan has requested one for MISSHA's BB Cream

Well, I've used it before, so why not. I still have one anyway. I use shade no. 23, I suppose it's the medium one? Not sure hahaha #shot

But then again here it is



This is how the package looks. Again, the one in the pic is shade no.21, and I'm using shade 23, OK?

I actually bought this after I start to run out of my Etude Precious Mineral Bright Fit one. As far as I knew back then, it was supposed to be cheaper than Etude's one, and it had also gotten quite some good reviews, so I thought 'Won't hurt to try one lol'

....Err I was wrong. I bought Etude's Precious Mineral BB Cream (shade W24, I might want to go up a shade later if I'm going to buy another one) for around IDR350,000 at it's outlet in Kelapa Gading, and my Missha one (Perfect Cover BB Cream) at the same mall, but at it's department store counter (SOGO, if I'm not mistaken). Later I realized they're not that much different in price (yes, Missha's cheaper, but only slightly), at least according to their prices at the outlet and counter.

Anyway at that time, I wasn't really used to buying things from online shops, other than wigs (which mostly are for cosplay), so I was rather surprised to find imported BB Creams are priced around IDR 300-400,000 when previously my friend (who helped me starting in cosplaying) Ritsuka said it should be around IDR200,000. So yeah, you might find this Missha & Etude BBs (even the original, legit ones) being sold at online shops for around that price (IDR200-250,000). Beware of replicas, though. It's not good for your skin, obviously.

On to the points~

Coverage & Pigmenting: In my opinion the coverage is rather weak (weak to medium), not that good. It's rather see-through to me, so yes if you want to cover blemishes or pimples marks or rough skin you'll still need some foundies or concealer for them to be covered rather properly. But, one thing it does well is brightening up your face. ...Or I'll just say it 'whitening', because it's just so pale!

Yes, about the pigmenting, using this product you'll get Pond's image of 'white/fair skin'. In a way, this is good, especially if you're after those looks with rosy cheeks, pure white images, porcelain doll faces. But, one big downside of this is.. DANG IT HOW TO COVER THE UNEVEN SKIN TONE ON THE NECK PLS??? ....Even with face skintone like mine that's not any lighter than most part of my body (you know, the problem with girls who only apply brightening treatments to their face), I tend to get quite a hard time on concealing the skintone differences on the neck.

So yeah, if you're skin is not that 'white', and is more to yellowish or still visibly brownish (no matter it's on brighter shades) I only recommend this when you are planning to wear conservative clothes, like moslem wears, turtlenecks, long-sleeved clothes or something like that. Because. The. Unevenness. Is. Just. Too. Visible! Even if it looks good on your face, when you compare it to your other bodyparts (when you wear more revealing clothes) it's just too different.

For those with medium face skintone or darker/below, I don't recommend you to use this. At all. Because (at least from my experience with mine which is the medium shade, and from how the pigmenting tendecies are) I believe it'll just make you look too pale, with greyish hints or awkwardly pinkish, and makes your make-up looks too heavy if not like a corpse already.

I only, only, recommend this product for those with this kind of skintone (again, Google Images)
the girl on the very right, or
the ones said to be 'Fair' & 'Light'

so yeah, to put it simply, IMO this product is best-suited for those with lighter skintones AND hints of red/pink OR no hints of yellow/brown.


Then again, it could be me who picked the wrong shade of the product, probably too light. But it's less likely. It looks just nice on my face, like I said, pinky, rosy feel, got no greyish hints. But then again the hints of pink and tendencies of 'pure white' just doesn't go well with my overall body skin tone. This BB Cream is great, it's just that the words 'with the RIGHT skin tone' really applies here. And with big emphasis.

And hey. To balance all that down sides, though, if you're one of those with 'the right skin tone' for this product, I actually really recommend this to you. Not only pink, rosy looks is very cute, but the BB itself really does a good job on brightening your face. It has this glowy effect that's shiny, but in a matte way, not oily/oilish (?).

Texture:
To me, the texture is very nice. Moist, but not too oily. Not too dense either, so it doesn't cause redness on your face while you're trying to spread it and even it out (it happens most of the times when I try to apply my Etude CC Cream while my face was still clean out of oils).
*Redness caused by rubbing tends to make your make-up looks less natural and based on my experience it also tends to slow down the brightening process of the products.
More dense and drier than Etude's Bright Fit BB Cream, though, if not on par.


Packaging:Just like most BB creams, it's designed with pump bottles. I've heard that this tends to 'hide' quite some amount of the content, that many people advise to just open/cut it and put the rest of the contents to mini jars after it's hard to get the content out with pumping the bottle. Never tried this, though, but it really is logical. I mean, there must be quite some of it stuck here and there inside the bottle haha.
But other than that it's actually more hygenic since the pump actually (meant to) avoids contamination that can damage your face in later use. Yes, it will be contaminated anyway since you're always touching the tip/mouth, but at least it's far easier to clean (with a wipe).


NAAAH I'm done now. Sorry if it's too long (and again, no pictures as usual), but I really hope it helps!
See ya~



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More